Common SEO Interview Questions And Answers
With the increasing scope of digital marketing career, SEO jobs became quite popular. If you’re getting ready for SEO interview, here may be a list of a number of the most popular SEO interview questions and answers.
- What is SEO?
SEO or Search engine optimization is a set of activities undertaken by people to make their website or web-page more comprehensible/attractive for the search engine algorithm. When a web-page or website is properly optimized, it appears in top positions for the queries on a search engine.
The purpose of SEO is to increase the organic or unpaid traffic to your website or web-page through organic search engine results.
- What is on-page & off-page SEO?
- On-page: The process of optimizing web pages by influencing internal factors like content quality, HTML source code, content structure, keyword density, Meta title and description, page title, URL structure, internal linking, etc. is called on-page SEO.
- Off-page: Improving the performance of a website on a search engine with the help of external factors like link building, blog directory submissions, forum submissions, social bookmarking, social media engagement, etc. is called Off-page SEO.
- Apart from Google what other search engines can you name?
Some of the popular search engines other than Google are:
Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Ask.com, Vimeo, DuckDuckGo, and Yandex
- What is crawling & indexing?